top of page


Jump Start January Now!

Harvard MBA students Bust "Goal" setting Myths.

It's exciting to hear that writing our goals really does work.

Especially when Harvard MBA students have proved goal setting a success.

Don't we all want to make our wishes and desires become reality. I know I do!

A study made at Harvard Business School for their graduating class of 1979, analyzed how setting goals and making a plan of achievement can bring success.

The Harvard Business School MBA study on goal setting asked the graduating class,

"Have you set clear, written goals for your future and created a plan to accomplish them?"

*84% of the class had not set goals at all

*13% had goals but they did not write them down

*3% had clear, written goals and plans to accomplish them

The Results 10 years later:

* The 13% of the class who had goals were earning, on average, twice as much as the 84% who had no goals at all

* The 3% who had clear, written goals were earning on average, 10 times as much as the other 97% put together! WOW!

I'm impressed and encouraged with these results! Let's not miss out on the advice the Harvard MBA Business School and set our goals by writing them down and creating a realistic plan of attack.

1. Before you start creating your goals list. Brainstorm all the fantastic things you would like to do in each of the 7 different types of goals. Go through them and pick out your top 3 from each that bring you the most excitement and gives you a strong desire to push yourself and go for that goal.

2. Make your top 3 goals specific. Be exact, put a figure to it and give the date you will achieve your goal.

Ask your closest encourager for their advice whether a friend, relative or spouse who knows you and who can advice on how measurable and realistic your goals are. Remember they are not trying to "crush your spirits" but they see you from afar and have noticed patterns in your personality. Take it with love and see it as an encouragement to bring you the success you know is in you.

I love this Jim Carrey interview which illustrates how creating specific goals (numbers and date) as well as visualizing can make your dreams a reality.

In my next Blog we will look at making a plan of action, stomping out procrastination and keeping you on track.

I'll end with Tony Robbins when he says,

"Setting Goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible."

I would love to hear how setting goals have changed your life. Do you believe them or do you think it's just a lot of "hog wash" yes....I did just say"hog wash":)

New Years Resolutions 2017

Featured Posts
Follow Me
  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • Grey Twitter Icon
  • Grey Instagram Icon
  • Grey Pinterest Icon
bottom of page